Pedal Power Bike InsuranceToll Free 1-866-979-2747

FAQs about Pedal Bicycle, e-Bike and Mountain Bike Insurance

Where does my insurance cover me?
The Pedal Power insurance policy covers you anywhere you can legally ride in Canada or the continental United States.

What is third party liability?
This provides your legal liability, which includes defense costs. If you injure others or damage their property, they can sue you.

Do you have a mandatory expiry date on liability?
No, there is no mandatory expiry date on liability, it is a year from effective date. You do not pay a year’s premium for less than a year’s insurance.

What if I am injured in an accident while operating my unit?
Personal Accident coverage is available to cover you.

What is Personal Accident?
This covers losses incurred by the Insured while getting on to or alighting from or operating or riding as a passenger on a bicycle during the policy period.
Basic: covers permanent total or partial disablement and death.
Enhanced: includes basic plus weekly indemnity, accidental death, ambulance expenses, medical expense reimbursement and much more.
This option is not available on Segways.

Can I buy the Personal Accident without purchasing liability?
No, it is only available with liability insurance.

Can I insure more than one bike onto 1 policy?
Yes, more than one unit can be insured under one policy.

Is all coverage with the same insurance company?
Yes, with certain Underwriters at Lloyd's of London.

What physical damage coverage do you offer?
Pedal Power offers All Perils, which includes collision or upset, fire, and theft. A deductible applies to all losses, the deductible is 5% of the insured value, minimum $250, maximum $1000.

What limits can you offer on physical damage?
If your unit is $20,000 or less, a policy can be issued on our website, if above $20,000 a paper application will need to be filled out and sent into our office. (see ‘forms’ for paper application)

My bike has a motor on it can I insure it?
Yes, we cover pedal bikes with a motor on them.

I participate in races and BMX competitions; will I be covered at these events?
Yes, we offer competitive event coverage which will cover you for any competing event you are in.

My current liability insurance expires on a different date than my physical damage. How do I get them to both expire at the same time with Pedal Power?
We can issue a policy for a full year from the date either policy expires, and then add the other coverage to your policy on a pro rata basis when it expires. We can do the same if you have more than 1 unit insured and wish to have them all expire at the same time.

Does Pedal Power rating offer discounts?
Yes, we offer discounts for:

  • Membership in recognized Provincial Associations or their clubs

Who do I contact in the event of a claim?
To start the claims process, please contact your broker. They will fill out the claims loss report form with you.

Where can I buy Pedal Power?
You can purchase at any of our local agents in your province who are there to serve you. To find a broker in your area please see our ‘broker directory’ on the website. You can also purchase your insurance direct through this website.

Who should I contact if I have any concerns or am dissatisfied with the service that I’ve received?
Oasis is committed to providing excellent service, however if that service did not meet your needs or expectations, we want to hear from you! We will be pleased to work with you to resolve your issue.